State Projects

State Projects

For the past five years I have done the state report the traditional way.  The students get  a packet with questions and examples to help them write a report that is several pages long.  Then after students are finished you must read these reports.  Here you find out that all they did was copy from the book the checked out from the school library.  I have learned that not only do the students hate creating these reports but I also do not like having to read 27 reports.  So I decided to make a change!

What I decided to do was have them create a video about their state using Adobe Spark.  So far the students have been super excited to create these videos and they are not copying word for word from a book.  I feel like this years students are learning more about the state they are researching then my students in previous years.  Check out these videos and decide for yourself.

SAMR

This project allows students to be creative when making their state project.  They find research their state to get the information needed for their video.  They then find images to insert in their video that match what they are going to say.  This project has been modified from writing a research paper to creating a presentation.  Technology helps to make learning fun for the student and the teacher.